We are seeking an experienced Infrastructure Automation Engineer with experience across software deployment, automation and cloud technologies to guide the improvement and growth of DevOps tooling and culture for a London based property portal with global plans.
|Job Title:||Infrastructure Automation Engineer - AWS, Docker, Jenkins|
|Location:||Canary Wharf, London|
As the first Infrastructure Automation Engineer you will help 'create the culture' of a new DevOps and software deployment team, guiding the software engineering group in the use and implementation of modern automation, deployment and Cloud (currently AWS) tooling. Your role will be broad; looking over the design and build of continuous integration pipelines, automating the environment, improving the use of AWS and being a promoter of, and expert for, cultural transformation. We see DevOps as a key to our future success and you will have a chance to lead and grow the DevOps team as this capability grows.
What you’ll be doing
- Reviewing our current AWS based infrastructure and coming up with a new containerised architecture
- Build an effective CI/CD pipeline for existing applications
- Setup and configure monitoring
- Build a DevOps culture and educate the development team on best practices
- Strong Linux administration skills
- Strong with networking (TCP/IP, DNS etc)
- Docker ecosystem, particularly the use of Docker Swarm and related tooling in an operational environment
- Experience of establishing and running a complete, robust Delivery Pipeline, preferably with Jenkins
- Infrastructure As Code (AWS CloudFormation/Terraform/Puppet/Ansible/Chef)
- Containerisation (Docker) and Container Orchestration Systems (Docker Swarm/ Kubernetes)
- Experience in software development lifecycle (Agile/Lean methodologies)
- Awareness of security concerns and best practices
- Strong scripting with Shell, Python, Ruby or GO
- Monitoring tools setup and configuration (CloudWatch/NewRelic)
- Used to working in a team environment and good interpersonal skills
- Startup experience
- ELK stack
About Commercial People
We are a global commercial property portal. Innovation is at the forefront of everything we do and we are committed to connecting people to property in the digital age. We believe finding space should be an easy part of building a business.
With an already-established customer base, we are constantly looking to expand our business further as we aim to continue dominating the commercial property tech sector moving forward.
Based out of our office in Canary Wharf, we offer a dynamic fast-paced environment that is both challenging and rewarding.
Apply with an up to date copy of your CV if interested.Apply